LOCATION: Houston, TX
FACILITY: Acute Care Facility
Business Office Director
Health Information Management Department
The position will be responsible for planning, leading and organizing the operations of the medical coding staff. The Manager will oversee staff scheduling and training to ensure the hospital receives the appropriate reimbursement while conforming to applicable guidelines and regulations.
- Maintains industry standards for revenue cycle indicators as it relates to the HIM department.
- Works with Revenue Cycle leadership to maintain integrity and meet established goals; monitors quality and productivity for assigned staff.
- Coordinates with all departments and adheres to current coding practices.
- Implements and maintains established department policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Maintains required records, reports and files for area and compiling data, information, and reports as needed.
- Manages staff schedules and time system for Payroll accuracy.
- Communicates and presents departmental information with all appropriate parties.
- Evaluates processes and technology and makes recommendations for process improvements.